1) DEMONSTRATE Saturday 30th August
Mass demo through Newport
Bring white flowers to lay at the Cenotaph
Assemble: 1pm, Civic Centre Car Park
Rally: 3.30pm, Westgate Square
Speakers: Medea Benjamin, Bruce Kent, Pippa Bartolotti, Kate Hudson, Lindsey German, Jeremy Corbyn, Boris Kagarlitsky, Marianne Owens, Bethan Jenkins.
2) COUNTER-SUMMIT Sunday 31 August to Monday 1 September, Cardiff and Newport
Sunday 31 August
Counter Summit in Cardiff County Hall, CF10 4UW View on map
Monday 1st September
Counter Summit in Newport Dolman Theatre, NP20 1HY View on map
- Click here for the full programme *No pre-registration necessary*
Wednesday 3rd September
Artists and Musicians against War: Tredegar Park Peace Camp
10.30am-4.00pm: Singing, Peace and Protest workshop, kite making, anti-facial-recognition-software makeup, placard making, banner making, and self-defence workshops.
4.30pm: Fly Kites not Drones
7.30pm-8.00pm Camilla, Urban Circle Workshops
8.00pm-10.00pm Revolution Rock with Birmingham band Living Field.
Open mic throughout the day until 8pm for poets and musicians.
Thursday 4th September
First day of NATO Summit
Mass action and march on the Celtic Manor. Gather at 12.00, Cenotaph, Clarence Place, Newport NP11 6DG.Wear pink!
Friday 5th September
Final day of NATO Summit
Direct Actions. Street Theatre.
A month long march through Wales with plenty of time for actions, leafleting, street theatre, banner drops and much more has been arranged from August 8th onwards, email email@example.com or call 01495 220400 for more information.
Help us build the No to Nato protest
- Share the No New Wars No to Nato Facebook event with your contacts
- Sign and share the petition to stop Nato’s Rapid Trident manoeuvres in July
- Order the No to Nato protest postcards, which contain details of the week of action, to build the event in your area. Call Stop the War at 020 7561 4830
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Travelling to Newport and Cardiff
Direct coaches have been arranged from some parts of the country:
• Birmingham Saturday 30 August return. Tickets £8. To book a ticket telephone 07771 567 496. Organized by Birmingham Stop the War.
• London 8am coach to Newport from ULU, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HY. 6pm return. Tickets £20/30. To book a ticket telephone 020 7561 4830 or or email email@example.com. Organized by Stop the War.
• Norwich More details to follow – telephone 01493 664499 to register interest. Organized by Norwich Stop the War.
• Newcastle 6am coach to Newport from Central Station, Newcastle. Saturday 30 August return.Tickets £30/15. To book a ticket telephone 07719 946 814. Organized by Newcastle Stop the War.
Trains from London to Cardiff and Newport leave from Paddington Station. There is a tube station at this station and the Bakerloo line, Circle line, District line and the Hammersmith and City line all stop here.
Train ticket prices vary greatly depending on what time of the day you travel (ranging from £67 to £203 for a return ticket to Newport and £72 to £213 to Cardiff). You can buy the tickets at Paddington Station or you can get the tickets cheaper if you buy in advance from a website such as www.thetrainline.com or www.nationalrail.co.uk.
Trains leave regularly for Newport and Cardiff from Paddington Station, the journey takes around two hours.
A much cheaper option is to book a coach from London to Cardiff or Newport. You must book your seat in advance on the National Express website. Prices start from £12 for a return trip.
Coaches leave for both cities throughout the day from Victoria Station and take around two hours 45 minutes (to Newport) and three and a half hours (to Cardiff).
A peace camp will be located in Tredegar Park, Newport, from Friday 29th August. Basic facilities will be provided and the camp is recognised by the local council and police. Bring your own tents and register with Eddie Clarke on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07939053174. The camp is asking for a donation of £2 per night per person.
If you prefer to arrange your own accommodation in advance, some information is provided here.