‘Student Fightback 2012’ takes place this coming Saturday, on 13 October at the University College London.
The conference will be a key opportunity for student activists from across the country to come together and plan the next steps in the student fight-back to the Tories, cuts, racism, inequality and war.
To register in advance click here.
· Ken Livingstone
· Diane Abbott MP’s eyewitness account of Venezuela’s Presidential election
· Jeremy Corbyn MP
· Ayoola Onifade, President of London Met SU
· Senator Kathryn Reilly, Sinn Fein
· Jenny Jones, London Assembly Member Green Party
· Quentin Liger, Front de Gauche
· Owen Jones, author of ‘Chavs: the demonisation of the working class’
· Rania Khalil, Palestinian student from Gaza
· Aaron Kiely, NUS Black Students’ Officer
· Vicki Baars, NUS VP Union Development
· Malia Bouattia, NUS NEC (Black Students’ Campaign)
· Lindsey German, Stop the War
· Sabah Jawad, Iraqi Democrats Against Occuption
· Fidel Ernesto Narvaez, Ecuadorian Embassy
· Francisco Dominguez, Venezuela Solidarity Campaign
· Kanja Sesay, National Black Students’ Alliance
· Sean Rillo Raczka, NUS NEC
· Stella Gichuhi, Sabbatical Women’s Officer at Bradford Students’ Union
· Sarah Colborne, Palestine Solidarity Campaign
· Sabby Dhalu, Unite Against Fascism
· Mick Burke, Socialist Economic Bulletin
· Matt Stanley, NUS LGBT Committee, NUS NEC & President of MidKent College
· Jamie Woodcock from the Education Activist Network
· Speakers from Student CND, the National Campaign Against Fees & Cuts and more!
· NUS #Demo2012: building massive student resistance to cuts, fees & student debt
· Education not deportation: let international students study at London Met
· Fund free education & Bring Back EMA: investment not cuts is the alternative!
· Uniting against racism: no to scapegoating, Islamophobia and the far right
· Taking on Tory bigotry: advancing women, LGBT, Black and disability rights
· Peace not war: cancel Trident, stop the wars and end the siege on Gaza
· Power to the people: supporting twenty first century socialism – building international solidarity from Europe to Latin America
· For a Green future – tackling climate change
Check out the Student Fightback 2012 website for updates.