The new non-alignment and the new cold war
Saturday 17 June 2pm – 3:30pm BST
• Ronnie Kasrils, South African Communist Party and former Minister of Intelligence in the government of South Africa
• Sevim Dagdelen, Die Linke deputy leader in the German Bundestag
• Srujana Bodapati, economist and coordinator of the Tricontinental’s research in India
• Stephanie Weatherbee Brito, is part of the secretariat of the International Peoples Assembly based in Brazil
• Welcoming remarks from Gisela Cernadas, No Cold War campaign
• Moderator: Vijay Prashad, Director of the Tricontinental Institute and No Cold War campaign
Information from the organisers
Join our international webinar with representatives of important political forces from around the world to reflect on global shifts.
This webinar will be in Spanish and English.
It will start at: 2pm (Britain) 10am (Brazil), 3pm (Germany and South Africa), 6.30pm (India), 9pm (China).
When the West tried to bring countries of the Global South to its side in the conflict over Ukraine, it was surprised. Several important countries – India, Mexico, Brazil, South Africa – refused to budge, arguing that their national self-interest should prevail over the parochial interests of the Western states and that the refusal to push a peace agenda in that conflict negatively impacted the world.
This webinar – initiated by the No Cold War platform – brings together representatives of important political forces from around the world to reflect on these shifts in the global mood.
Co-sponsors: No Cold War, International Peoples Assembly, Tricontinental: Institute for Social Research, Pan-Africa Today, ALBA Movimientos.