‘The Empire Strikes Back in Latin America – Understanding Trump and the Reactionary Right’
Saturday 9 June 2018 – Registration: 10.30am.
ITF House, 49-60 Borough Rd, London SE1 1DR
Organised by the Venezuela Solidarity Campaign
With special guests: Rocio Maneiro, Venezuela / H.E. Guisell Morales Echaverry, Nicaragua / Julia Felmanas, Brazilian Workers’ Party / Marcos Garcia, former Venezuelan trade union leader.
Plus: * Chris Williamson MP * Richard Gott, Author, ‘Hugo Chavez & the Bolivarian Revolution’ * Ken Livingstone, former Mayor of London * Helen Yuill, Nicaragua Solidarity Campaign Action Group * Kate Hudson, CND * Daniel Hunt, Editor of Brasil Wire * Sian Errington, Stand Up to Trump & election observers journalist Calvin Tucker, writer Jeremy Fox and Dr. Francisco Dominguez.
With discussions on:
* Trump’s interventionist agenda & militarisation in Latin America
* Election observers reportback from Venezuela’s presidential election
* The Media and the resurgent right in Latin America
* The reality of Venezuela’s right-wing opposition – today and in the past
* US destabilisation, the ‘economic war’ & the Lessons of Chile & Nicaragua
Further details on the facebook event here.